Otto Padrón, COO and president of Meruelo Media
Meruelo Media´s KWHY Channel 22 is L.A.’s fastest growing Spanish station based on month-to-month increases in average primetime ratings
07 de marzo de 2017
Meruelo Media completes the re-launch of its iconic TV Station in Los Angeles and becomes the fastest growing Spanish language TV station in Los Angeles during the highly contested Nielsen February sweeps.
“What a great way to start this new KWHY era. February ratings results confirm the strategy that bringing KWHY back to the future of hyper local content is the right course for our station,” stated Otto Padrón, COO and president of the group.
KWHY’s plan to remain true to its original Los Angeles Super Station roots has not only been praised by viewers, but also the advertising community seeking a unique audience profile.
Padrón concludes, “Our February performance validates KWHY’s true heritage station status, and our new programming strategy is simply ‘Back to the Future’ of proven viewer success.”
Here are some NSI Adults 18-49 highlights for February 2017 Sweeps:
• KWHY is L.A.’s fastest growing Spanish station based on month-to-month increases in average primetime ratings (up 44% from January 2017, M-F: 7-11pm).
• KWHY’s weekday primetime movie continues to post solid numbers -- averaging 0.34 rating, up 48% from 0.23 in January, and double the time period average of 0.17 for MundoMax programming in the November 2016 Sweeps.
• KWHY’s average primetime ratings are up 77% from MundoMax programming in the November Sweeps (0.23 vs. 0.13), bested only by 88% Sweep-to-Sweep increase for KFTR.
• KWHY is beating KAZA in average primetime ratings (M-F: 7-11P), with 0.23 rating (vs. 0.15).
• Excluding KAZA’s four Friday evenings with FLM soccer matches, KWHY’s average primetime ratings are double those of KAZA’s regularly-scheduled primetime, with 0.23 rating vs. 0.11.
• Both of KWHY’s primetime weekday newscasts are posting ratings growth from January, with
43% increase at 7pm (0.10 rating), and 33% increase at 10pm (0.13 rating).