The second edition of Spanish Screenings Content
(Malaga Festival), one of the axes of Spanish Screenings XXL, will be held in Malaga between the 13th and 16th under the slogan ‘Talent, diversity, opportunities’. It will be presenting to international industry professionals 195 local productions: 3 Market Premieres, 38 Market Screenings, 6 Malaga Festival Films, 17 Neo Screenings, 19 titles at Regional Film Hub, 35 at Film Library, 15 at Next from Spain, 37 at Remake Day and 10 works in progress. In addition, 15 feature film projects can also be seen first-hand.
For four days, international buyers, sales agents, national and international distributors, directors of VOD-SVOD platforms, festival programmers, digital creation platforms, and producers will have at their disposal the latest Spanish productions.
The films and projects of Spanish Screenings Content are presented in different sections such as:
- Market Premieres: Els Encantats, by Elena Trapé, presented by Latido Films; Los Buenos Modales, by Marta Díaz de Lope Díaz, presented by Film Factory; and Marid (dos), by Lucía Alemany, presented by Filmax.
- Screenings: 38 titles will be presented.
- Next From Spain: trailers or film footage of 15 films in post-production to be released in 2023 and 2024.
- Remake Day: 37 titles eligible for remake rights, available online.
- Film Library: 35 titles exclusively available to accredited international buyers and professionals at Spanish Screenings
In addition, six fiction and non-fiction feature film projects looking for co-production will be presented at Spanish CoproForum.
Spanish Screenings is an internationalization program for the Spanish audiovisual industry promoted by the European Funds of the Recovery, Transformation, and Resilience Plan which received new impetus in 2022-2023. It seeks to reinforce Spain's role as an audiovisual hub in Europe and involves the Ministry of Culture and Sport through the ICAA, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation through ICEX, the Malaga Festival, and the San Sebastian Festival.