Wade Davis, Univision: Another period of strong performance and progress as Univision steadily executes on our transformation strategy
Univision’s revenue in Q2 increased 32% over the prior year's quarter
13 de agosto de 2021
Univision Communications Inc. announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021.
Among the highlights are:
• Revenue increased 32% over the prior year's quarter and was relatively flat to the second quarter of 2019.
• Advertising revenue increased 72% over the prior year's quarter and surpassed the second quarter of 2019.
• Core advertising revenue1 increased 70% over the prior year's quarter led by double-digit growth from national advertising.
• Net income was US$36.6 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2021, vs a net loss of US$27.3 million for the prior year's quarter.
• Adjusted OIBDA2 increased to US$268.8 million from US$242.8 million in the prior year's quarter despite investments in their streaming business.
“This quarter marks another period of strong performance and progress as Univision steadily executes on our transformation strategy. We delivered above-market topline growth with total ad sales surpassing 2019 results for the second quarter in a row and grew our EBITDA double digits. We continued to expand and invest in our streaming capabilities and offerings with the introduction of new leadership and the planned launch of our two-tiered service offering. We further strengthened our content engine with original programming and established important partnerships that will allow us to bring more leading content to more households, across more platforms. Importantly, as we near the closing of the Televisa-Univision transaction in the fourth quarter, we have taken steps to position the combined company for continued success, including the addition of new world-class leaders combined with the best talent across Televisa and Univision,” said Wade Davis, CEO of Univision.