Fernando Muñiz, general director of Televisa Networks and Televisa Internacional, participated in the cycle of webinars Detrás de las Ideas
, aimed at the advertising industry in Mexico during the crisis due to the coronavirus. Muñiz covered the topic of “Addictive contents to consolidate with the audiences”.
With the current circumstances, he stated, “TV continues to rule, despite the existence of other platforms. We are back in a time when we all watched TV together at home, and it is a good opportunity to give messages to the family”. He added that the world changed with the contingency and consumption habits did, too. In this sense, he defined six points from which lessons can be learned:
1. The media that has grown the most in the contingency is open and pay-TV, with a consumption of 37% more.
2. All the audiences consume content on all platforms. Millennials increased their TV consumption by 41% on all the platforms.
3. Content is an effective way to connect and audiences seek storytelling that helps them do catharsis or that accompany them. Curating in pay-TV channels is essential to try to find this proximity.
4. The audience expects the situation, not to e used to generate sales: they want company and support.
5. The audience changes and adapts to the circumstances in a short time.
6. Including current topics makes the storytelling more real and closet o the audience. Watch the webinar with Fernando Muñiz