Miguel Sierralta, president of Sierralta Entertainment Group and creator of Show Business TV

Miguel Sierralta from Sierralta Entertainment Group: Content is king but distribution is King Kong
Maribel Ramos-Weiner|07 de febrero de 2017

Show Business TV, a Sierralta Entertainment Group channel that started as an OTT signal a year and a half ago, is launching on open TV on the Televicentro´s Mega signal in Honduras and in several US markets such as Orlando, Miami, Key West, Melbourne and New York with LBN Network.

“We are in negotiations with three additional open TV channels, one in Spain, another in Central America and a third one in Latin America,” mentioned Miguel Sierralta, president of Sierralta Entertainment Group and creator of Show Business TV.

He said that they launched the signal to exhibit all that content produced throughout 20 years and to give independent producers huge possibilities, since the channel becomes a promotion platform. “Someone told me once that content is king, but distribution is King Kong, and that encouraged me to do it.”

Today 80% of the content Show Business TV presents is their own: entertainment, musicals, lifestyle, interviews, and realities. The remaining 20% is content from independent producers in the region.

As an OTT channel, Show Business TV is already on YipTV, Vemox and platforms on demand, such as Pongalo and Blim from Televisa, and they are now in conversations with Telefónica and Claro Video.

Among the independent producer spaces that the channel airs are the Colombian interview program Gatos que Ladran (30’), Hub Latino from Non Stop People in Spain, Íntimo En Tu Cocina Con Las Estrellas (60x60’) from Ony Producciones, and Acá Venezuela (26x30’) with Daniel Pereira.
https;